 Off-Topic / Debate / 20769
  O, Tradition!

(URL) baccalaureate will be held by the light of a burning cross. Dave! (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: O, Tradition!

(...) Apparently these are private functions, rather than publicly funded ones, so the school can't put its foot down and insist on just one prom, regrettably... Freedom to associate includes freedom not to associate, remember. Remind me not to move (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: O, Tradition!

(...) By all accounts, Atlanta doesn't really suffer from that kind of thinking, but I suppose it answers the question when people ask why there are still "black colleges" (Morehouse is in Atlanta). -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: O, Tradition!

(...) I lived there a year and don't even have an accent to show for it. My yankee grandma didn't like being called ma'am, either. Go figger. :-) Amy (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)