 Off-Topic / Debate / 2061
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:00:06 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
It's funny how, when the topic of state executions comes up, so does the
word "black".
Uh, I was not mentioning someone race, Sproaticus, or whatever name you are!

But the topic does come up, regardless.  I'm just a catalyst here...

BTW, my name's in my .signature.

That is totally different. Have you lost someone to a murderer? Wouldn't you say
your feelings were nuked, or devastated, or whatever term you want to insert!

Different?  Sure.  Totally?  Nah.

Sure, I've lost someone to murder.  I've lost someone to heart disease.
I've lost someone to incredibly loathesome self-pity.  I've lost someone to
toxins.  I've lost someone to alcohol-enhanced traffic violations.  My
feelings were "nuked".  I know it's cliche, but that thing about getting on
with your life is pretty important.

Get a clue!

Won a few, lost a few.  I take it you have a few cards you can lend to my
un-full deck?

Go to another topic thread to continue this ignorant discussion.

Okay, how about this:  You can pretty much kiss peace good-bye when you're
scraped up 'til you're raw with feelings of revenge and hatred?

Cheers,
- jsproat