 Off-Topic / Debate / 20424
20423  |  20425
Subject:
Transit issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:28:11 GMT

Just something I happened to stumble across... a part of TrainWeb I hadn't
seen before. That site is an amazing resource for train related stuff.

GM's campaign (or conspiracy if you like) against mass transit:
    http://www.trainweb.org/mts/ctc/index.html#contents specifically
    http://www.trainweb.org/mts/ctc/ctc06.html

The trolleys are less prevalent now, in large part thanks to GM (legally)
buying up private trolley lines and "modernizing" them... but it's not too
late to improve transit efficiency even at this late date..

Congestion pricing as a way to improve transit efficiency.
   http://www.trainweb.org/mts/fmt/index.html

As a sidenote, in my Hertz (owned by Ford) profile, I have had for some
considerable time now, a notation to the rental agents: "No GMs", and I try
to avoid rental companies that rent primarily GM cars.