 Off-Topic / Debate / 20351
Re: Corporations are your friends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:37:45 GMT

I was
thinking about an apprentiship as an electrician...

Fool! Get yourself a job a plasterer; the amount I’ve just paid for 2 days
work from a guy who probably left school at 15 has left me in “shock & awe” [1].

Ah screw it--if I lost my job today I'd collet pogey for the next 10 months,
watch Oprah, play video games and eat junk food until I had a heart attack.

...all that without a beer; have you given it up for lent?

Scott A

So there's this time at Oktoberfest--I'm always the DD (cause I don't drink
alcohol...) and I have 5 passed out people in my little tiny Accord sedan...

Leaving Kitchener on hwy 8--the police put a RIDE program right there
(surprise, considering Oktoberfest ;) ), and I get stopped.

Cop comes up to the window, notes the 5 passed out folks in the vehicle,
shines his flashlight in my eyes, and asks, "Excuse me son, have you had
anything to drink tonight?"

Thru most of my 'adult' life, I've always replied to this line of
questioning, "I'm a compulsive non-alcoholic..."

So that's what slipped when the cop asked me, "No Officer, I'm a compulsive
non-alcoholic!"

He starts laughing, "Hey Bill!" (another cop there), "C'm here--you got to
hear this!"

Bill comes rambling over and hears my non-compulsiveness, has a chuckle, and
says to me, "On your way, son..."

That's my little story

[1] I almost had a nervous breakdown when I tried to do it myself last week.

As with most home improvememts--I did a recroom with a friend a few years
back--hanging drywall and 'mudding' is very hard, if you wnat it to look good...

Dave K