 Off-Topic / Debate / 20072
  Stating the obvious [or "HOME OF THE FREE: ARNETT JOINS MIRROR"]

Poor Mr Arnett; sacked for sating the obvious one day: Veteran reporter sacked over TV claims (URL) national TV network, NBC, fired Arnett after he granted an impromptu interview to Iraq's state-run television, during which he echoed widespread (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Stating the obvious [or "HOME OF THE FREE: ARNETT JOINS MIRROR"]

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Yup. April 1st, is strange times indeed. I might be wrong, this has an impressive scope for an April Fool's joke, but anything I see this morning gets a couple extra runs through the skeptisism filter. "I've always (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)