 Off-Topic / Debate / 2000
Re: Libertarianism again.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:47:29 GMT

Ruthlessly snipped so I could snipe at a few points

Moz (Chris Moseley) wrote:

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote
So because a significantly significant number of people are
stupid/selfish/non-forward-thinking enough to not save ANY of their
income over their entire working lives that justifies the taking of
money from others to pay for their problems?

Yes. How we do so is the question, not whether we do it at all.

Disagree. Whether we do it at all is INDEED the question. For those who
choose not to make provisions for their future, or choose not to decide,
still have made a choice. THEIR choice, THEIR consequences.

I suspect I'm off the far left end of the USA scale. I think that the
government has an obligation to directly control natural monopolies

Well, that's a relief! We're safe from that, there ARE no natural
monopolies

I don't see that. But then I live in a country where the top 10% are
only 100x richer than the bottom 10%. The USA has it much worse.

Better, you mean, right? If you can only get to be 100x richer than the
poorest person you don't have much to shoot for, do you?

lugnet.