 Off-Topic / Debate / 19798
Re: Keeping tabs on a Useful Idiot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:10:25 GMT

I can't vouch for the veracity of this site...

http://www.moorewatch.com/

but I find it interesting that it even exists.

Well I watched the Oscars in its entirety last night and I'd have to say
that MM's little tirade was the harshest criticism of the war.

But to say that he was 'loudly boo-ed' by the 3500+ celebs is a wee bit of a
stretch.

There were 'boo's there, and they were loud, but it didn't sound like many
people at all boo-ing.  I personally thought that the cheers were louder,
and more people applauding--probably just to be polite.

And I do think it's a shame that "Mr." Bush (I really liked that bit) led us
into this mess.  Putting up stats like 70ish percent of Americans support
this war... let's talk about that other poll that states the majority of
Americans think Iraq had something to do with 9/11.  And bring both those
back to Bush's little war initiation speech, where he infers that 9/11 is
the reason we're at war with Iraq.  Bush is lying.  Powell is lying.
Rumsfeld is lying.

I support the troops.  I hope they get SH, and quickly.  I would hope that
they'd get him alive so he could stand in front of an *International Court*
for his brutality, but I'd be okay if a marine just got him between the
eyes.  But this war started under false pretenses, and for that I would also
like GWB to be held accountable, in an International Court, for the crimes
he committed.

But alas...

Dave K