 Off-Topic / Debate / 19788
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:15:39 GMT

The market is plenty free--we have 200+ nations to choose from!  The fact
that no nation has arisen to suit the desires of every last person is
irrelevant.  That's the market in action.

There are sufficiently high barriers to entry (the 200+ nations collude
together to prevent new entrants) that your assertion that "the market is
free" is false, Dave!

  How so?  Do you mean we're not free to form a new nation, or that we're
not free to move from one to the next?
  In some cases, the latter is certainly true, but that's just the market in
action; different types of product are available, with different
requirements and benefits.  I want to buy a car in a fictitious free market,
but I only want to spend $1000.  Does the fact that I can't buy a
top-of-the-line luxury car for that amount mean that the market is not free?

     Dave!