 Off-Topic / Debate / 1918
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:43:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Simon Robinson wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy Sproat writes:
I agree -- that your guess is just a guess.  At last glance, France • and
China and Russia and India and Pakistan and Iraq and a bunch of other
powerful nations had their eye towards expanding their borders.
Uh? I can see China, Russia, India, Pakistan and Iraq.

Wow, what a view!  I want a house next to yours!  :-,

Oooops! I guess I asked for that one.  <grin>
Well I can offer a small view of the sea from my upstairs window.
And a few minutes walk away there's a view right
across Morecambe Bay to the mountains in the Lake District, 30
miles away. Going the other way, there's a spot nearby where you can see
all that as well as Snowdonia and the Welsh mountains - about 70 miles away.

Pakistan's a bit more problematic, but there is a tourist thingy about
10 minutes walk away that looks like a mosque (but isn't). So you can easily
pretend...

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com