 Off-Topic / Debate / 19081
    Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux) —Frank Filz
   (...) If a right is just a legal construct, then why can't it be sold away or limited? (...) If a right arises simply from the people, then I'm not sure a right to exist is compatible. (...) I think we need to explore the foundations of rights. Why (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux) —Christopher L. Weeks
   I'm addressing three of Frank's notes here, not just the one upline from where I'm posting. As a result of my use of "good and just" coupled with the assertion that rights are merely a legal construct, Frank pointed out that we need to know the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)