 Off-Topic / Debate / 1901
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:28:04 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Adam Howard wrote:

PS.  Why don't Europeans like us?  I've heard this before, but never
understood why.

They resent the fact that we saved their bacon, twice, for free.

Not the Germans.  We didn't save their bacon.  And now that I'm thinking
about it, Germans are never the ones complaining about the US...How does
that work?

US GIs in WWII report that after liberating towns in Italy and France
that were badly damaged, the inhabitants just hang out waiting for
someone to come clean up.  When they were driving troops out of German
towns and badly damaging those towns in the process, the Germans would
be out cleaning up and rebuilding as soon as the line of fighting was
past their block.  I think that's an interesting observation.

--Chris