 Off-Topic / Debate / 18908
  Capitalism (was: People are idiots...)

Capitalism merely refers to an economic system in which the capital is controlled by private rather than public interests. All this "capitalists with a conscience" stuff is silly. (...) How do you figure? What you're discussing is either a matter of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Capitalism (was: People are idiots...)

(...) I agree that existence is a property right (and truly the most fundamental one). This does imply a right to a place to exist. However, assuming that the resources of the universe are limited, clearly one doesn't have an unlimited right to (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Capitalism (was: People are idiots...)

(...) I think that one must agree to either: a) because people have a right to exist somewhere, space/volume/area/land is not a good in the normal sense and we have to figure out what it is and how we handle it, or b) because space/volume/area/land (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Capitalism (was: People are idiots...)

(...) Hmm, if land is not a good, then what rules should govern trading it? If you always have a right to some land as part of your right to exist, then what stops you from "selling" your land, and then demanding a land grant because you're now (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)