 Off-Topic / Debate / 1861
Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:39:01 GMT

<FH0z76.FnM@lugnet.com> <FH2vtD.A01@lugnet.com> <FH33sH.M82@lugnet.com> <37c602bf.99869@lugnet.com>

Todd Lehman wrote:

Now here's a purely hypothetical question:  If you had a magic button that
you could press to cause the instant extirpation of all religion from the
face of the planet (thus instantly and simultaneously transmuting everyone
on the planet into athiests), would religion then cease to exist forever,
or would it just pop right back up again and within a few decades' time
resume flourishing?

I would think it would pop back up pretty quickly. Like I've said before
atheism is hard work (by that I mean a reasoned decision that there is
no god, not a mindless acceptance of whatever concept comes by)

While people are good and intelligent, that's not enough. There will
always be those who seek easy answers. That's where religion will start
back up, IMHO.

(the world is not a perfect place and there is no way to make it
perfect, we can only make it better than it is now, or worse.)

lugnet.