 Off-Topic / Debate / 18295
18294  |  18296
Subject:
Yet again unto the breach!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:45:29 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/15/pennsylvania.patriotism.ap/index.html

My own state, thankyouverymuch!  I'm not surprised that Rick Santorum,
evangelizing Christian creationist and legislative apologist, would back
this bill, but it's truly disheartening that the entire state legislature
sees fit to establish a Christian invocation as part of the daily dogmatic
brainwashing in our schools.  My atheist tax dollars, in effect, are being
used to further a Christian agenda!   Fantastic!

I should hardly be surprised, though; my commonwealth also has some truly
inappropriate clauses in its constitution:

Article I, section III
Article I, section IV (which expressly defies the US Constitution)
Article VIII, section 2

Very nice.  Anyone who asserts that we aren't laboring under a theocracy is
either lying or foolish.

     Dave!