 Off-Topic / Debate / 1828
Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:06:07 GMT

<skip>
debate on global warming has a lot of scientists on both sides of the • argument,
but I will throw out this fact. Mt. Peunitubo (SP?) in the southern Asian • belt,
which erupted in the not too distant past, spewed out more CO2 than the • entire
history of the industrial age. Think about that!

FYI,
it was Mt. Pinatubo located in mid Luzon, Philippines, which erupted in
1991.
On of the most important consequnsies was that the U.S. Air Force has to
leave Philippines (cause they were located near the vulcano and were afraid
that the pyroclastic clouds and ash would destroy the air field). Few months
later the Navy sailed away and finally the Philippinos felt they were free
from the Uncle Sam's tyranny. I guess U.S. is the only country in the world,
still having some (major) colonnialistic toughts.

<skip>

-et