 Off-Topic / Debate / 18276
Re: Vote against/for...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:15:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

Q: Whose reasoning for use of nuclear weapons do you trust more-- Iraq or
the US?

Well, since I've publically stated I think their reasoning in WWII was • nothing
short of terrorism anyway (lets not go there again), I'd have to say • "neither",
especially with dubya at the helm.

I tell you, the word "terrorism" gets so over/misused.  The purpose of
terrorism is to evoke fear in a GP for the purpose of swaying opinion.  We
dropped the bombs on Japan to bring about a quick end to the war (that *they*
started BTW), not to frighten the Japanese people.  There are distinctions
here.

Thanks for not going there again.

Here's another question: Do you think that neutralizing all regimes that
harbour terrorists (even if it were possible) would do anything to quell the
anger and hatred which fuels terrorism? And if not, why is disarming /
attacking Iraq considered a valid "battle" in the "war on terrorism"?

What you and the Left are failing to realize (and it is a fatal flaw) is the
reason for the violence perpetrated by muslim extremists.  You assume that it
is in retaliation for something we did to them and that their reaction is, to
some degree, justified or explainable. That is your mistake.

Where did I mention muslims?

ROSCO