 Off-Topic / Debate / 17608
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:05:52 GMT

My attitude makes me sound like a goon?  What kind of goon?  A gun toting
yahoo goon?  You're right--there's no way to say this nicely--anyone who
believes the brainless rhetoric that the NRA and Heston spout out of their
mouths--'Outta my cold dead hands'...  You want a goon?--there's a pretty
good def'n right there.

What exactly does this mean?

I happen to think that owning, knowing how to operate, and keeping weapons
in good functioning order is a predicate to a free society -- yes, including
and particularly, guns. It may be trite but: freemen bear arms. [N.B.
freemen is not a typo.]

Baldly stated, I believe that when you lose your guns you will also lose
your liberty.  I can think of no history that would contradict that view.

K, if you wish to misinterpret the 'if a law is unjust there are ways to
work within the system to get rid of said law' go ahead.  It comes with the
territory of... anyone... anyone--right--a Democracy.

And which democracy would this be?  In the states we have a republic --
which I think is much better.

-- Hop-Frog