 Off-Topic / Debate / 17502
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:16:03 GMT

If you wish to say 'under no God' then, by all rights and freedoms you have
that right.  Just as I have the right to say it.  I'm not one of those
'right winger' politicians who stood up and yelled about taking the words
'Under God' out of the pledge.  I'm glad they're out.  If you want to go for
the penny 'in God we Trust' as well, all the power to you.  As for me and my
house, we'll follow the Lord.  Jesus said 'render unto Caesar that which is
Caesar's, render unto God that which is the Lords.'  I don't need a phrase
in a pledge, or a saying on a penny to believe in God.  I just want the
freedom to practice what I believe--that's all.

  Hooray--we agree!  That's been my intended point all along, in both this
exchange and in the previous debate a month or so ago!  I absolutely,
totally, completely, and unequivocally support your right to religious
freedom and freedom of speech!  What I reject is the State's attempt to
mandate one religion (monotheism) when in fact the State has no right even
to offer an official opinion on the issue.

It is now stated and I wholeheartedly agree with you--we need consistancy
with rulings, and the bias of a lifestyle should not be the defining
factor--if something is found unconstitutional, that unconstitutional ruling
should be supported, when the ruling is in favour of your personal beliefs
*as well as* when the ruling goes against your personal beliefs.

   Exactly!  Now we're getting somewhere!

     Dave!