 Off-Topic / Debate / 17500
Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:21:29 GMT

I don't think the phrase is unconstitutional--I don't think those words
violate 'separation of church and state'--it's a pledge, a spoken pledge--if
we want to be that picky, then by all means let's get to the point where we
can't say the word 'Church' (and any derivitive thereof) and the word
'State' in the same sentence 'cause they have to be separate.

Churches cannot be on the same street as a governement building!  Heck,
who's kidding who, they can't be in the same area code for if they are,
they're not separate!!!

Let's also talk about how much money, effort and time was wasted on the
'Under God' fiasco...

And just looking at it now, it's the separation of *church* and *state*, not
*God* and *state*... so there you are--no issue!

Well, I'm stepping off my soap box now...

As long as you understand that "Young Hedonists for Satan" has the same
rights of access and same protection under the law...

Brucifer
Devil's Advocate for the Day
:-)