 Off-Topic / Debate / 17422
    Re: Criminal Justice —Richard Marchetti
   (...) I am leery of according mere confinement the status of unreasonable or even harsh punishment for basic violent common law crimes (armed theft, assult, rape, murder, etc). The purpose of confinement for such violent offenders, absent mental (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Criminal Justice —Frank Filz
   (...) I'd say that "an individual that is absolutely willing to hurt others in permanent ways to achieve their short term ends" is someone who has a mental illness. But containment with psychiatric help available until the person demonstrates they (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Criminal Justice —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Gee, that means that many highly placed politicians may be mentally ill! =) -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)