 Off-Topic / Debate / 1725
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:02:30 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

Mike Stanley wrote:

???!!  I never said anything about burning, literary or no.  What I said was • that there
are people who would *choose* to not be with God (my definition of Heaven) • because they
*hate* the light and love the darkness.  It is *their* choice, not God's • will.  They
could be with God if they wanted to, but because of their pride, arrogance, • love of
darkness, etc, *THEY* choose not to-- and God, the giver of free will, honors • their
decision.

But if it's they're decision, doesn't that imply they would have the power
to reverse that decision? Christian theologies may differ on interpretation
of hell, but I don't know of any theology that says that once people
are in hell, they can change they're minds and go to heaven instead...

Who *really* knows?  I'm more interested in living life here and now on earth.
We'll all find out the hard way soon enough as it is;-)

Incidently, I'm just arguing here to see what your response is. Your
interpretation of hell is I think a sensible one - and the only one
that I can think of which makes sense and is consistent with a loving
God

As I mentioned before, it is the view in a book by CS Lewis entitled The Great
Divorce.  It's a story (short enough to be read in one sitting) that illustrates
this POV.  I found it very illuminating:-)

-John

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com