 Off-Topic / Debate / 17225
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:40:39 GMT

I would want a system where I can live the way I want to, to experience joy,
happiness, and keep the burdens of pain and suffering to a minimum.  I would
want others to respect my personal choices, as long as they don't interfere
with others doing what they what to do.  I respect your choices and opinions
as long as they are not detrimental to others.  Heck, if they're detrimental
to yourself, I won't like it, but you have that freedom of choice--your bed,
you sleep in it.

If every christian really believed this, and acted in accordance with it,
I'd have no beef with christians and christianity. But they don't. So many
professed christians in positions of power use that power to enforce their
morals on others for no good reason.

It's so endemic a trait, moreover, that I believe it's a flaw in the
teaching, not a flaw in the student.