 Off-Topic / Debate / 17092
Re: Evolution vs Scientific Creationism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joseph Williams writes:
When anthropologists encountered stone age tribes in Africa they exposed
them to many objects of the industrial world including pictures. They didn't
perceive them as a representative image, let alone the object they were
depicting.

   I call "bullhockey."  Citation, please.  This just screams
   residual imperial mentality and the racist anthropology of
   the pre-WWI era--and the fact that you use it to make a
   point about nonhumans is extremely problematic.

   best

   LFB