 Off-Topic / Debate / 17045
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:13:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

We have traditionally played this very game (right down to freezing things
at 3) every christmas with our relatives. Some really duff gifts are usually
in the pile somewhere to make things more amusing.

Thanks for the slight.  You are, however, grammatically incorrect.

??

I'm guessing Mr. Neal is referring to the non-capitalization of "Christmas"...

Yes, that's what he indicated to me offline. My immediate family only
celebrates the secular traditions that exist and are celebrated at that time
of year, and "winter solstice celebration" is a bit too hard to type. :-)

But would it kill ya to put a Capital C on Christmas?

I mean, being the (tm) truant for LUGNET(tm) and Guild of Bricksmiths(tm),
you, Larry, of all people, should realize the vexing incurred by those that
read something like that.

Think of it like Monday.  I mean, monday is gramatically incorrect, as is
christmas or xmas or xians or whatever--don't even worry about doing it
right 'cause of the perceived trashing of Christianity.

Dave