 Off-Topic / Debate / 16727
Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:13:37 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/06/26/pledgeofallegiance.ap/index.html

Wow.  For the life of me I can't imagine why this never happened before, but
I'm delighted by it.

  Here's another encouraging bit of religious tolerance:

Newdow said that since the ruling he has received death threats, including
one left on his answering machine that said, "You're a dead man walking."

  Newdow said he has received a flood of angry calls. The caller
  who left the "dead man walking" message on his answering machine
  also said, "Somebody's going to kill you --- not me, but somebody will."

from http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/06/27/pledge.allegiance/index.html

Whether or not people want to pretend this is not a chuch/state issue, it
has now (if Newdow's claims are true) clearly become a matter of religious
persecution.

And to show that Newdow knows exactly which Goliath he's fighting:

  "Every constitutional lawyer I talked to told me, 'There is no question
  it is unconstitutional, and there is no question that you will lose,'"
  Newdow says.

from http://www.buffaloatheists.com/articles/group1/pledge.htm

Michael Newdow, martyr for freedom.

    Dave!