 Off-Topic / Debate / 16539
    Tribes (was: National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) I'm finding this stuff fascinating. I don't associate any of those things with tribalism, but it seems from the reading you provided that there are at least several people who see this as a problem. I think of tribalism (or at least what _I_ (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tribes (was: National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) The problem with "tribalism" as it's called is that it tends to be insular--that's the implication of the term. Communitarianism as I understand it needs to owrk on many levels; in that sense it's like a single organization with local chapters (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)