 Off-Topic / Debate / 16029
    Re: The value of reading (was: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) [snip] (...) Really? I don't get TV, but I'd been under the impression that these channels had some pretty good stuff even if it was _Popular Science_ caliber rather than _Nature_ caliber. What you're describing sounds more like _Omni_. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The value of reading (was: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...) —Dave Schuler
   (...) Upon further reflection (and watching) I can say that certain mainstream "nature" type programs aren't bad, especially the stuff on deep-sea exploration. Some of the military and "justice files" stuff might be good, too, but I can't speak with (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)