 Off-Topic / Debate / 15990
15989  |  15991
Subject:
My closing thoughts on the Free Super Chiefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:31:37 GMT

Thank you all for your thoughts.  When originally posting, I thought that
all replies would be positive.  A few people would say "fun story", another
few tell of a similar incident, etc.  However, I didn't assume that we would
go into the ethical and morale sphycology of keeping something that wasn't
supposed to be yours.  I am glad that you all pushed me into making a more
honest descision in the end.  And look what happened, i still got to keep them.

I'd like to sum up what has been said and then follow with my final thoughts:

-In the begining most people accused me of being wrong by keeping them.  Few
supported my opinion at this time.

-I was accused of bragging, lugnet.market.shopping is bragging. I was
telling a fun story.

-Then I was accused of being a criminal, including; "you are in possesion of
stolen goods".

-Then people who thought before they posted, told me I was being totally
legal but immorale.

-Finally, today mostly, people cooled down, supported me and pretty much
ended this discussion.

I feel that some posts were based on jealousy, who wouldn't want $120.00 of
lego free?  I feel as if some posts were rude and unfair. I am only 15! I
don't know the law!  Next time, please will some of you post thoughtful
polite comments when something like this happens again.  Some of you hurt
me, last night I was very upset by that.  I was posting in innocence, and
the backlash that came from this isn't deserved by anyone.

Think about that next time...

My original reason for posting was for entertainment, maybe one day I will
look back and find this entertaining.

Please let all these threads die and relax knowing that good came out of this.

J Scott