 Off-Topic / Debate / 1597
Re: Perl rules!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:13:54 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Was the 8.3 file format originated with MS or DOS?  I thought it was around
before them.

CP/M, I think. My TRS 80 model 1 which used an OS (called DOS)(1) which
was CP/M derived, had it.

1 - once you started running the floppy. Before that you were just in
the ROM BASIC interpreter all the time. I had 2 floppies. 11 hundred
bucks for those bad boys... 80K each and boy was I LIVING LARGE.

lugnet.