 Off-Topic / Debate / 15954
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:46:21 GMT

In lugnet.people, Scott Arthur writes:
I think there's
a real problem when Tim's post gets 8 spotlights, and an awesome MOC has
a hard time getting 4.

People who spotlight messages should think carefully about the type of posts
they think are appropriate for the LUGNET shop window: ie "Top Stories" on
www.lugnet.com

For the record, just in case I was being a little obtuse, I concur with
Scott, et al. that they are entitled to their opinion that mayhaps Tims
Hiatus shouldn't have been listed in the Top Stories.

Tho, when you look at it, if Suz took a hiatus, wouldn't we, as LUGNET
users, like to know that?  And isn't Tim, doing what he does for the LUGNET
community, similar?

Isn't the reason that most people's knickers are in a knot over specifically
Tim taking a hiatus and it being posted on the front page, due to Tim being
a vocal member of LUGNET, who has, due to no consious fault of his own
'stepped on people's toes'?  Again, think if Suz said she was taking a
break, would there be any question if that was posted on the main page?

Then think if Larry were to go on a leave of absense... think about the
ruckus that would happen for that one!

You can't have it both ways, people.  Just because you disagree with Lar or
TC on whatever you disagree with them about, and you're pissed at them,
don't take this as an opportunity to gloat or goad or otherwise trash them,
or their reasons, or why it was posted to the front page--they are huge
members of this community, as is Suz.

Yes your opinion is important in the LUGNET community, but if the admins
chose to disregard your opinion, think about how many conflicting opinions
they have to deal with!  Be considerate, be compassionate, be understanding
of the community at large.

Now if li'l ol' me said, 'See ya guys, taking time off to spend time doing
non-LEGO things...' would I expect that to get highlighted?  Absolutely not!

There is a dividing line between us, the masses, and the people who run,
help with, guide, whatever, LUGNET and the LEGO fan community at large, and
Tim is one of those people.

Now I have to shut up 'cause I've gone on way to long.

Stay safe

Dave