 Off-Topic / Debate / 15951
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:29:55 GMT

<snip>

I think people should take a moment to look at what they think LUGNET
is about, and then try to stick to that ideal in their own actions.

Thank-you, Bram.
My thoughts exactly...

-Suz

I guess that means the conversation is over, the admin thinks it's noise.

Jude

FUT o-t.debate

Jude, this seems to me like an attempt to get something started.  So don't
do that, it's the last thing we need.  While I agree with the message that
Tim's original post carried, (in fact, I agree *very* strongly with him, but
that's for another day), I also agree with what Bram said.  It is a shame
that someone's awesome MOC or whatever gets overshadowed by a message like
Tim's.  Yes, it's important, but it's not what LUGNET is fundamentally about[1].

LUGNET is, before all else, a place for AFOL's to come together and share
MOCs and ideas (this is MY opinion).  All the other stuff comes second.  Suz
was simply backing that up through Bram's words[2], and I agree with both of
them.

-Chris

[1]It seems that every day more and more people have skewed ideas about what
LUGNET is about.  So that's a debateable point, but I won't be the one doing
the debating.  All I'll say is that things seem to be slowly falling apart.

[2]Yes Rico, I was merely presuming that was her intent.  Just so you know.
BTW, I want you to know that there are several points I agree with you on,
but I don't agree with the attitude and manner in which you present them.