 Off-Topic / Debate / 15808
Re: Just when I thought Pennsylvania couldn't get dumber...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:03:06 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/books/01/24/us.potter.boycott.ap/index.html

  In other news, and in yet another confirmation that Pennsylvania is the
most level-headed, progressive community in the land, a number of local
politicians have determined that the absence of prayer from schools is one a
key reason for the decay of society.  To this end:
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/1196251/detail.html

Of course, Pennsylvania's neighbor to the west is likewise pursuing a
forward-thinking campaign to improve the quality of education:
http://fyi.cnn.com/2002/fyi/teachers.ednews/02/13/evolution.debate.ap/index.html

  It's clear that we have the right to demand legislation to enforce our
beliefs as fact.  Therefore I plan to speak before my town council to insist
that schools teach as fact the scientifically sound "stork theory" of
childbirth and the "st. nick" theory of Christmas presents, and I'll discuss
my wish to require that schools mandate a recitation of whatever prayer I
decide is correct on a given day.

     Dave!