 Off-Topic / Debate / 15647
Re: An armed society...(what if?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes:
I like what CJ Creig said in WW once, and can't remember exact wording but
here's paraphrased...

"I take comfort in the fact that once 2 or more people know something, it's
impossible to keep it a secret for an extended period of time, therefore all
these conspiracy theorists are blowing it out their ear."

Roswell--bunk.
Government using polio shots to control the masses--pure grade bunk.
Canadians slowly taking over the entertainment industry--might be some truth
to that.

Government is as smart as the dumbest guy you elected to office--look at
your history and tell me how smart your government is.  How can these people
keep secrets?  From stained dresses to whatever else goes on--no one in
politics can keep a secret.

   I think that should be ammended to government can't be any smarter than
the dumbest person (or sheep if you prefer) you let participate (vote) in
it, but that doesn't sound very supportive of democracy, does it?  However,
it does explain a lot.

(We Canadians ain't much smarter, either :) )

no kidding geopgraphy alone proves that.