 Off-Topic / Debate / 15542
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:10:58 GMT

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> writes:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

The recent events may also have teached us that there exist other
objects beside guns which can be used as powerful weapons.

So?  Everyone has the right to own a jumbojet loaded with fuel, or
surface to air missles (depending on your point) too.

Mike Petrucelli talked about the possibility of using a gun to shoot a
politician who was threating to take away his freedom.  (If I
understood him correctly.)  I don't have any statistical data for
this, but I have a feeling that this kind of terrorist activity is
typically done with weapons other than guns.  Bombs, for example.  So
I don't fully understand the "hang up" on hand guns.

Fredrik