 Off-Topic / Debate / 15524
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:21:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  I'm sorta me-tooing, but hey, why not?

Why not indeed?  Beats the heck out of butting in on a technicality while
skirting the main issue, which is what I'm doing!

This part was written by Dave!
First I must require you to define "civil war," "enough," "patriots,"
"defend," and "liberty."  After you've done that, I'll see about giving you
an answer.

  Heh.  And, of course, define "our" too.  If you're willing to give
  up the benefits of a strong federal government, go right ahead--
  but you'll find it very hard to get Internet access in Afghanistan
  these days.  If you live anywhere outside Western Europe and
  North America, and you'll very quickly realize that you're living
  in an amazingly free and libertine society by comparison.

Many who live elsewhere do regard ours as an amazingly libertine society (isn't
that one of the reasons they hate us so?).  Or should I ask that in addition
you state your definition of "libertine"?  :-)

Maggie C.