 Off-Topic / Debate / 15246
    Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —Christopher L. Weeks
   John, first of all, I owe you a thanks. I was kind of excited by your tone in some notes and I wrote more hotly than was wise. You either didn't take it that way or only calmly replied. Thanks. (...) But I'm saying that it might not _be_ filth in my (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —John Neal
   (...) lol Well I came in a little strong, and so now I'm trying to tone down:-) (...) But you agree that at some point it *could* be. (...) hehe I know nothing about the porn industry, except that I hear it's huge, and that it's largely due to the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —Dave Schuler
   Forgive me for jumping in late here, but I haven't been hanging around .debate much the past few days... (...) And at some point it *could* be the finest piece of art ever crafted by humankind; *that* is the point at which we should decide. To (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —John Neal
   (...) Well, true significance of a work of art is often only realized until after an artist's death. My point is that if Jason is linking to *all* submissions to his site; it won't take long for some idiot to submit something that even Jason will (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —James Powell
      (...) is (...) No. If he wants support from LEGO, then probably, he will have to be more selective (editorial/censorshipish, however you want to define it). However, if Jason is willing to forgo the actual financial support of LEGO, then he should (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Okay, I am not sure who the anarchist is, but you seem to have a strange view concerning the defense of freedom of speech and expression. Defending freedom of speech generally means defending the right of anyone to express whatever (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms" —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) True. But, so? Instances of significant artistic achievement have also often been branded as pornographic for a time. That seems more apropos to the discussion. You wrote "Avant garde. Ptooey." in an earlier note, but what about the avant (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)