 Off-Topic / Debate / 15246
  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

John, first of all, I owe you a thanks. I was kind of excited by your tone in some notes and I wrote more hotly than was wise. You either didn't take it that way or only calmly replied. Thanks. (...) But I'm saying that it might not _be_ filth in my (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) lol Well I came in a little strong, and so now I'm trying to tone down:-) (...) But you agree that at some point it *could* be. (...) hehe I know nothing about the porn industry, except that I hear it's huge, and that it's largely due to the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

Forgive me for jumping in late here, but I haven't been hanging around .debate much the past few days... (...) And at some point it *could* be the finest piece of art ever crafted by humankind; *that* is the point at which we should decide. To (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Well, true significance of a work of art is often only realized until after an artist's death. My point is that if Jason is linking to *all* submissions to his site; it won't take long for some idiot to submit something that even Jason will (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) is (...) No. If he wants support from LEGO, then probably, he will have to be more selective (editorial/censorshipish, however you want to define it). However, if Jason is willing to forgo the actual financial support of LEGO, then he should (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Okay, I am not sure who the anarchist is, but you seem to have a strange view concerning the defense of freedom of speech and expression. Defending freedom of speech generally means defending the right of anyone to express whatever (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) True. But, so? Instances of significant artistic achievement have also often been branded as pornographic for a time. That seems more apropos to the discussion. You wrote "Avant garde. Ptooey." in an earlier note, but what about the avant (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)