 Off-Topic / Debate / 15195
  Re: If you're an AFOL and you know it raise your hand (WAS: Blacksmith Shop)

(...) I guess it's not completely understood. ;) I've been posting to LUGNET for over 3 years. This isn't my first appearance in the .debate groups. This is certainly the first time I've seen the use of a name like that. It really seems in poor (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you're an AFOL and you know it raise your hand (WAS: Blacksmith Shop)

(...) The name wasn't arbitrarily chosen like yelling "uncle". I think it has more to do with the tired examples involving Hitler that are invoked whenever someone can't think of anything better to support their argument. Here's a bit about it. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)