 Off-Topic / Debate / 15185
Re: If you're an AFOL and you know it raise your hand (WAS: Blacksmith Shop)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 04:40:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
All I'm inferring is that you are an adult (which
you have indicated you are) who enjoys LEGO (ok, maybe that's an
assumption, but it sounds like you enjoy building with LEGO).

And I saying, yes, your inference is correct.  Leave it at that and don't
worry about labelling it anything more.

Sorry to have brought this up, I didn't mean to spark such a response.

I think you are reading much more into the label "AFOL" than most people.
To me (and Frank, from what he says above) AFOL means no more than that you
are an adult who enjoys LEGO as a hobby.  I've never thought it might mean
anything more until this conversation came up - you seem to think it means
something much different, and object to it on those grounds.  If you don't
mind my asking, what do you think an AFOL is?

You don't want to be called an AFOL, and that's cool with me, but I have to
admit, in my own head, I'll still think of you as an AFOL, because you're an
adult who has a LEGO hobby.  And that's all it takes, for me.

:)

James
(Of course, I'm only labeling you in my brain because I'm a
Compartmentalized Dork, and need to know where you go <GRIN>)