 Off-Topic / Debate / 15172
  Re: questions on current events

(...) I've read about the shear basics on this subject so what I say about it is certainly arguable, however, maybe I can better clarify what I think I know. A bank can borrow from the federal reserve. There is interest tacked on to what the bank (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: questions on current events

(...) This is probably true. But in a market in which the competition works well, I would say that that the federal interest rate _should_ affect the rate offered to the customers. In Norway, there are always some banks which lower their interest (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)