 Off-Topic / Debate / 14758
Re: Morals & Ethics reprise (was ...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:21:22 GMT

That's more or less what *I* mean (agreeing with James' further tweaking of
these words), but those are not the accepted definitions of the word, not
exactly. Generally, the definitions for the words "moral(s)" and "ethics"
are very similar, except that ethics sometimes also refers to an enumerated
codification as in "The Ethics of the AMA" or some such thing. This gives
rise to it's connotation as a word denoting the agreed upon standards of a
group.

I think that from now on I shall use the term "morals" to reflect the ideas
of an individual, and the word "ethics" for similar use as per a group.

-- Hop-Frog