 Off-Topic / Debate / 14697
Re: The Nam-shub of Enki (was Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adam Wood writes:
I just thought it was a neat story with a groovy idea is all...

Yeah, it's a decent read.  I'll give it that. It's just that I liked all the
extensive quoting more than the actual story.

If you want to read motivations or morals into a book, there's always the
bible. I'm sure it even talks about the evils of a hirarchical government in
there -somewhere- ;0)

Doh! But don't you think that Stephenson is developing an ethical system
defended by his Hiro? We agree with those ethics, but it's not like they
don't exist.

The last part there is the subject of speculation, but I agree with you.

BTW, this is "off-topic.debate", Egghead! Don't get me started...!

=)

-- Hop-Frog (who still thinks Adam should read more Burroughs, and that he
will even place some Burroughs texts on the web some time next week for Adam
since he has the permission of the Burroughs literary estate to do so)