 Off-Topic / Debate / 14689
Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:43:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:

1:...and a sentence ending in a preposition is something up with which I
will not put. ;)

Once upon a time a young boy was tired and went upstairs to his bedroom to
sleep, and he was so tired that he didn't wish his mother to read to him, as
she often did, from the book she kept on a shelf downstairs.  When he was just
about asleep, he heard his mother entering with the book, and groggily he • asked
"What did you bring that book that I didn't want to be read to out of up for?"

And his mum, quick as a flash, said "What did you say 'What did you bring that
book that I didn't want to be read to out of up for' for?"

ROSCO

FUT: .o-t.fun