 Off-Topic / Debate / 14670
Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:44:10 GMT

Exactly. Going back to what you said before:

From my perspective, it seems that you find the idea of experiential
developments in Christianity peculiarly unpalatable (or perhaps
untrustworthy), though no doubt accepting change and refinements in the other
humanities as quite ordinary and respectable.  What would you prefer? (And
indeed, you *can* legitimately have the better of the two.)

That's why it's unpalatable towards other things. They aren't expected to be
"fair". They're just expected to "be".

Oops-- miswording/typo on my part:

That's why experimental developments in other things are palatable and are
unpalatable in religion-- other things aren't expected to be "fair".

DaveE