 Off-Topic / Debate / 14299
    Is off-topic.debate a competition? —Ed Jones
   (...) Hmm... the hockey analogy seems to bring the whole issue home. It seems that for Larry, debate is not about discussion, its about WINNING the debate. Its not about learning something new, its about supressing/discrediting the opposing (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Is off-topic.debate a competition? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I don't see this comment as useful. Or true either, for that matter. In fact most of your comments lately have seemed to be trying to carry the notion forward that all I want to do is insult others. That's just flat out false and my record (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Is off-topic.debate a competition? —Ross Crawford
   (...) Where did this come from? Sure, Larry like to win, don't we all? And there's probably an element of that here, too, but I personally think a large percentage of what he posts here (except when personal comments are involved) is *very* (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)