 Off-Topic / Debate / 14148
Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:15:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:

So if anything maybe we should have dropped sooner!

I still hold that one bomb would have been enough.

Well, that's easy to say at this remove but second guessing is easy. I drew
different conclusions from the same data.

And maybe, since the US weren't ready to drop the bombs sooner, dropping
them became unnecessary by the time it became possible. There is some
indication for that, to say the least.

Again, I drew totally different conclusions from the same data.