 Off-Topic / Debate / 14083
Re: censoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:13:21 GMT

bin Laden, or the media, are welcome to buy pictures of this resolution
elsewhere, if they can obtain them. Nothing is stopping them, it's a free
market with no legal barriers to entry.

Maybe we'll even sell them to him :) Of course the price may be
non-monetary! And of course, no guarantees on picture quality, either :)

  Here's a hypothetical: what if some company sells bin Laden et al bogus
but real-seeming photos giving false information?  What if, afterward, bin
Laden would seek damages from the company for its deceptive product?

The result of course would be that I wouldn't want the judge's job, nor any
part in the jury :)

Honestly, I think it would depend on the company's honest intent, the
ability to prove that intent, the measurment of the damages resulting to bin
Laden, and above all, the country in which the suit took place...

DaveE