 Off-Topic / Debate / 14056
Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:58:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

So I'll ask you  plainly: do you feel that the Sept 11 suicide
bombing, in which civilians (in a nation that was not at war)
were used as missiles is morally equivalent to the death of
civilians in a nation that had declared war on its enemy, during a
time when Japan was certainly aware of the war?

Yes

Are you satisfied with the reasoning you presented before in support of
that? Has anything about it changed with Dave Eaton's presentation of his
rationale?