 Off-Topic / Debate / 13839
  Re: Libertarian comes through for the Terrorists

(...) Yes it *is* too much, without probable cause. You forget what we are fighting for. (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian comes through for the Terrorists

(...) Nope. Scott A (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian comes through for the Terrorists

(...) Scott, I agree with Larry here. Yes, I'm prepared to make sacrifices. I'm not prepared to make unnecessary sacrifices, and your grocery bill example falls squarely in that category (unless, as Larry says, there's probable cause) ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian comes through for the Terrorists

(...) The “grocery bill” comment was an attempt to trivialise the snooped material and focus on the snooping – not a hard argument. I am not proposing that “unnecessary sacrifices” should be made. The term is complete oxymoron in this context. The (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)