 Off-Topic / Debate / 13821
13820  |  13822
Subject:
Malcolm Forbes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:48:35 GMT

Larry:
But please provide a cite where I said I
supported that bombing (or any other bombing by the US for that matter), if
you would...

Scott:
Did I say you did?

Scott:
Perhaps *I* did not, but *you* did say this:
"I would indeed *like* this to be a real war (...), because I see one as
needful"?

Did you mean a war without bombs? What did you plan?

"Silence is a virtue in those who are deficient in understanding."

So why do *you* talk so much, then? :-) Your deficiencies boggle the mind.

Your mind perhaps.

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I believe I've answered this question of yours in other posts. But I will
restate it for you since you seem to insist on repeating questions ad
nauseum until the answer is packaged up neatly in the very thread, even if
it appeared elsewhere. Your stubbornness rating as assigned by Dave may be a
bit low, actually.(1)

If that is the case, feel free to provide the location of your answer.

So here you go: I said I misspoke when I said this: "or any other bombing by
the US for that matter" and corrected myself to say that it is bombing *by
itself* that I don't support.

ROFL. This is a SQUIRM. Is this really the best you can do? Have you no shame?

Bombing tends to be part of any modern war, it
seems, unless it's completely covert. But it should not be the only part. No
more standing off and firing cruise missiles and feeling we accomplished
something.

The bombing we've seen so far in this one has apparently done pretty well at
minimizing (not eliminating, of course) collateral damage. And it is billed
as act I, not the entire play.

Although we have no real way of really knowing that.

This appears to be a needful war, this strategy appears to be an effective
one (but who am I to second guess West Point grads?) so I'm in support. For now.

Hope that helps.

1 - careful readers will note that in Dave's view I outscored (1) Scott in
everything except humility. Dave is correct, of course... Scott has much
more to be modest about.

2 - higher when it was a good characteristic, lower when it was bad.

I have a lot of respect for Dave. I enjoyed his post a great deal. It was
one of the best I have read here ever. However, I will respect Dave's
independence a little more when he answers this one:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=13379

Scott A

++Lar